Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. I'm sure they'd love to share your lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten list.
Top Ten Characters I Would Name My Children After
1. Lavinia - This is from one of my first real favorite books, Falling Angels. I've been in love with this name, and the character ever since.
2. Harry - Harry Potter. Yeah... I don't have anything else to say about this...
3.Zooey - From Franny and Zooey, but used as a girls name. Zooey is easily my favorite character that Salinger has ever written.
4.Holden - I know, I know Holden Caulfield kind of a bitch, but he's just a teenager. All teenagers are kinda terrible. Really, I just think Holden is an awesome name and I'm a Salinger fangirl. Maybe that makes Holden a more suitable name for a cat than a child?
5.Beatrice - I've always been a bit of a Shakespeare nut, and Beatrice is a pretty awesome character. Plus it's so much better than Goneril.
6. Darcy - OH MR. DARCY. Maybe just for a middle name?
7. Minerva - Ancient Goddess and Hogwarts Professor. Yes.
8. Alma - Alam broke my heart the first time I read The History of Love. She's so innocent and kind and hurt. Such a great character.
9/10. Adeline/Emmeline - I think these are my favorite twin names ever. They're from The Thirteenth Tale, and while I wouldn't want my children to emulate them in any way I can't get over how much I love their names.