Saturday, January 4, 2014

2013 in Review

I spent New Year's Day watching sports with a head cold, my car broke down, work was crazy. These are my lame excuse for not getting up my 2013 in Review post in a timely manner. They're not great excuses.  I'll try to do better in 2014.
Anyway, 2013 was a big year for me. I changed jobs, moved,  went to new places, and read some great books. Since this blog is dedicated to the latter here's my list of books read in 2013.

1. David Mitchell: Back Story - Mitchell
2. Beautiful Creatures - Garcia/Stohl
3. Office Girl - Meno
4. Where'd You Go, Bernadette - Semple
5. Sweet Tooth - McEwan
6. Fanfarlo - Baudelaire*
7. Beautiful Darkness - Garcia/Stohl
8. The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg - Twain*
9. Beautiful Chaos - Garcia/Stohl
10. Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald - Fowler
11. Beautiful Redemption - Garcia/Stohl
12. Tenth of December - Saunders
13. The Casual Vacancy - Rowling
14. The Devil - Tolstoy*
15 The Aviators Wife - Benjamin
16. Pride & Prejudice - Austen
17. 1984 - Orwell
18. The Little Prince - Saint-Exupery
19. A Map of Tulsa - Lytal
20. Looking for Alaska - Green
21. The Horla - Da Maupassant*
22. The Unchangeable Spots of Leopards - Jansma
23. The Alienist - De Assis*
24. Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls - Sedaris
25. The Fun Parts - Sipste
26. How the Two Ivan's Quarreled - Gogol*
27. Inferno - Brown
28. Vile Bodies - Waugh
29. American Gods - Gaiman
30. The Ocean at the End of the Lane - Gaiman
31. An Abundance of Katherines - Green
32. The White Princess - Gregory
33. The Love Affairs of Nathanial P- Waldman
34. The Distracted Preacher - Hardy*
35. The Last Runaway - Cheavlier
36. Dispatch from the Future - Stein
37. The Kite Runner - Hosseini
38. The Cookoo's Calling - Galbraith/Rowling
39. The Enchantress Returns (Land of Stories #2) - Colfer
40.  Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Rowling
41. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Rowling
42. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Rowling
43. Fortunately, The Milk - Gaiman
44. If on a winter's night a traveler - Calvino
45. The Snow Queen - Anderson*

My original goal was to read 30 books, and to focus on newer releases. I accomplished both and am quite proud of the results, especially since I let my reading habits fall by the wayside this winter.

I hope to read more in 2014 and to make more time for all of you readers. Hope everyone has enjoyed the new year so far!






1 comment:

Amit Agarwal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.