Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012: The Year I Loved Books But Couldn't Seem to Read Them

Welcome to 2013. Hopefully you had a safe and fun night and didn't end your night by falling down some icy stairs, like I did.  The only way I can describe last year is stagnant.  I worked at a coffee shop all year, got a little to down on myself and didn't really do anything of much substance. This year I hope to change that. I start a new job next week. I'm making plans to visit friends both in Chicago and Dallas and am looking forward to reading a ton of new books!

Since I'd just graduated College and had nothing but free time (and oh so much coffee) I  made my reading goal for 2012 unreasonably high. It started at 75 before I knocked it down to 50 in march, and ended up with 27 and stretching my usual definition of  a book.

Here is the list of books I finished in 2012. Please don't be alarmed by the large percent Harry Potter takes up.
1. Illuminated - Orloff
2. The Joy The Baker Cookbook - Wilson
3. Hunger Games - Collins
4. Catching Fire - Collins
5. Mockingjay - Collins
6. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Foer *
7. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? - Kaling
8. Paris I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down - Rosecrans
9. The Great Perhaps - Meno
10. Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone - Rowling*
11. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Rowling*
12. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Rowling*
13. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Rowling*
14. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Rowling*
15. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Rowling*
16. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Rowling*
17. The Kingmakers Daughter - Gregory
18. Anna Karenina - Tolstoy
19. Mr Penumbra's 24 Hour Book Store - Solan
20. The Land of Stories - Colfer
21. Bossypants - Fey
22. The Fry Chronicles - Fry
23. Bartelby, The Scrivener - Melville
24. May Day - Fitzgerald
25. The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook - Pearlman
26. A Series of Unfortunate Events - Bad Beginnings - Snickets
27. The Back In the Day Bakery cookbook - Day & Day

As you can see, a few short stories, a chunk of rereads and a smattering of cookbooks found their way into my usual style.

Hope you all have a fantastic year!

No comments: