Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011, what do I have to say about you? If you've been following me for a while you'll know that this last year I graduated with a Bachelors of Arts and got a new puppy, who is now almost a full grown dog. I moved from Chicago back to my parents house in Michigan and that I had a few of my biggest reading slumps ever. Needless to say with so many big events 2011 was a bit of a mixed bag for me, and I am not sad to say that it is over. I didn't complete my original goal of 75 books over the year, nor my amended goal of 50 but came in with a respectable 40.

My goals for next year are simple. Enjoy what I'm reading, don't let blogging become a chore and not to let book/page count stress me out!

Here's a list of the books I completed in 2011
1. The Imperfectionists - Rachman
2. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk - Sedaris
3. The Crying of Lot 49 - Pynchon
4. The Winter Ghosts - Mosse
5. The Odyssey (abridged) - Homer
6. Clara & Mr. Tiffany - Vreeland
7. Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone - Rowling
8. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Rowling
9. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Rowling
10. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Rowling
11. The Paris Wife -McLain
12. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Rowling
13. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Rowling
14. Exit the Actress - Parmar
15. Midnight Sun - Meyer
16. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Rowling
17. The Tragedy of Arthur - Phillips
18. Far to Go - Pick
19. Leaving Van Gogh - Wallace
20. Pride & Prejudice - Austen
21. The Alchemist - Coelho
22. The Night Villa - Goodman
23. My American Unhappiness - Bakopoulos
24. The Magicians - Grossman
25. The Ghost Orchid - Goodman
26. The Drowning Tree - Goodman
27. A Game of Thrones - Martin
28. Tree Of Codes - Foer
29. The Secret Lives of Dresses - McLean
30. Slaughterhouse - Five - Vonnegut
31. The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Allen
32. Coraline - Gaiman
33. The Winter Palace - Stachnaik
34. The Night Circus - Morgenstern
35. There But For The - Smith
36. The Lady of the Rivers - Gregory
37. The Secret History - Tartt
38. Mr. Fox - Oyeyemi
39. The Little Prince - Saint-Exupery
40. Winnie-the-Pooh - Milne

Have a great 2012!

2 comments:

Flowerstousa said...

Keep up the good work. Best of luck. From www.rakhitousa.in

Lola said...

I think your goal for this year is fantastic! I should mimic it! Where in MI do you live?