Thursday, September 24, 2009

July Reading 5/2

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
JK Rowling


Hallows not Horcruxes. This was my first time rereading Deathly Hallows since it came out two years ago. I had remembered being unimpressed, annoyed and slightly disappointed in the story, the writing and the fact that Harry was a Horcrux. Upon rereading everything seemed to have more meaning. This is truly a masterfully crafted series. I will say that I could do without the long chapters of the trio going from woods to woods with no direction, no good conversation and no real plot movement. The epilogue is as cheesy as ever, and nothing is as sad as Dobbys funeral and Freds death.
This will end my Harry Potter craziness for the summer. See you in 2 years, Sorcerers Stone!

Structure:***1/2
Story:**** (not because it's all so great, but I give credit where credit is due, and there is far to much going on for it not to be acknowledged)

No comments: