Thursday, September 24, 2009

August Reading 4/2

Girl With a Pearl Earring
Tracy Chevalier


I was a little concerned when i picked this up for what must have been at least the 7th time. The spine was in bad shape and it felt like it was going to crumble to pieces in my hand and I was a little worried that I might have fonder memories of my favorite book in place of the actual content. My worries proved to be unwarranted. As always a quick read, with a great story, good characters and something charming that I can never really put my finger on. Griet isn't always likable, but she is relate-able. Plus it's hard to not find artists attractive. After the 233 pages you feel as if you have been walking invisably along side Griet, navigating a life in 17th century Holland. A must read on my list.

Story: ****
Structure:****

No comments: