Monday, September 12, 2016

Remember Me?

Hello.

I don't know there is a better way to start this type of post.

Hello. I'm sorry. I've been gone for quite some time.


You see I've been busy. There were many trips across the country, ones that bring together friends from hundreds of miles away.

I stood up in one of my oldest friends weddings. I didn't make a fool of myself during my maid of honor toast. I only cried a little.
I  moved. Within the same city, and into the house my grandmother used to own.But still, it counts. (Just ask my bank account.)

But really the real reason this blog has been eerily silent for almost two years has everything to do with graduate school. 

You see, I just finished my Master's of Library and Information Science.  After two years, a lot of stress. only a few buckets worth of tears, and a crazy last semester I'm done! I started a job at a special collections library earlier this summer. 
At the begining of the year I called 2016 a year of transition. I think I hit the nail on the head.

Now I have free time. I've binged a couple of shows on Netflix. I'm reading for pleasure again. 

And I've missed the bookish community.  So I'm back, at least I hope I'm back. Historically when I say these things something happens within a week and I jump ship. However the last two years have been an anomaly, and I have a lot of reading to catch up on!



No comments: