Monday, March 17, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Spring TBR


Top Ten Books on my Spring TBR list

1. A Replacement Life - Boris Fishman
I just got an ARC for A Replacement Life and let me tell you I am PUMPED! Okay, it may not actually belong on this list because I started it two days ago, however I'm only seventy pages in, sooo, yeah. So far it's reminding me of all the good parts of Everything is Illuminated so I'm looking forward to speeding through the rest!
2. Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell
I know, not a new release! I read Eleanor and Park last month and I absolutely loved it! I'd initially stayed away from Fan Girl because it sounded like it would hit a little too close to home. Now that it's light past five and there is actual promise of above freezing weather I think I can sink my teeth into Rowell's second novel.
3/4. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and the Prisoner of Azkaban - JK Rowling
My love of all things Rowling is no secret on this blog. I'm currently in the works for a massive Harry Potter readathon/masterclass. In preparation I did just finish Sorcerer's Stone. Chamber and Azkaban are definitely going to make it into my April and May reads.
5. The Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides
Jeffrey Eugendies is from Michigan. I'm from Michigan. He writes well received apparently wonderful stories. I like critically acclaimed, well written stories. Why haven't I read Jeffrey Eugendies? I need to fix this grave error this spring!
6. The Bobcats and Other Stories - Rebecca Lee
I'm a sucker for short storie collections. I bought The Bobcat with one of my Christmas gift cards and I look forward to leisurely absorbing it's pages while hopefully sitting outside in the sun.
7. The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt
I know this came out last fall. And that it was on my fall TBR. And my winter TBR.  And now it's on my spring TBR. I swear I'll actually finish it before summer. My life should be settling down soon and maybe then I can tackle Tartt's latest masterpiece. At the very least I'm going to Toronto at the end of April and have a four hour car ride there and back.
8. Clever Girl - Tessa Hadley
Clever Girl is my only other new release on this list. Sorry, I'm bad at including recent releases on lists like this, I just tend to find them when they come out! However I am really excited about Clever Girl. It sounds like just the sort of character study I live for. I can't wait to get my hands on this book!
9. Rules of Attraction - Bret Easton Ellis
Ellis is another author who constantly pops up in bookish conversation. I feel like fraud never having read him. I feel like Rules of Attraction is a safe, springy place to start.
10. Brideshead Revisited  - Evelyn Waugh
Last year I read Vile Bodies and loved it. I'm a sucker for period pieces (and classics!) when the weather starts to warm up. I'm all for old estates and brooding characters.

Those are my top ten Spring TBR's. Just making this list has gotten me super excited for warm weather and the benefits that a few extra hours of sunlight can bring!



9 comments:

Unknown said...

I have Fangirl on my list as well. I'm totally excited to know that I'm not alone in not having read it yet. I feel like everyone and their cat has jumped on that book hype. Anyways, wonderful list. I don't know many of the other books, but I'll definitely check some of them out. :)

Here's My Top Ten Tuesday!

Unknown said...

Great selection!!
Fangirl is on my TBR list in general but didn't make it onto my "Spring TBR". I read The Virgin Suicides about 6 years ago and didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would! But maybe it's time for me to reread it :)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Your list is a great mix of the new and the old. I like it!

Here's my Spring 2014 TBR List!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see some re-reads and classics on a TBR! I've got The Goldfinch on my general TBR.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. :)

Cheryl said...

I've wanted to read Fangirl for a while, too. Now, just where to fit it in.

Thanks for visiting The Book Connection.

Vee_Bookish said...

I really need to get a copy of FanGirl, it looks really good!

★ Under The Mountain's TTT ★

Lisa Mandina said...

I need to get a copy of Fangirl. I loved one other book by Rainbow Rowell, so need to read this one.
Check out my Top 10.

Jillian said...

Great list! I really want to read Goldfinch as well because I'm reading The Secret History by Donna Tartt, and so far, I am loving it. Hope you also enjoy The Virgin Suicides. It's not for everyone, but I liked it.

Snapex said...

really hope you finish Famgirl and the Harry Potter books, they are amazing.

Also, I want/need to read The Virgin Suicides too. Its been on my TBR list for about 8/9 years now. maybe one day I'll get around to it :P

good list :)

My TTT