Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Summer Reading Wrap-Up

While 2013 has been a mixed bag of good  and okay-who-was-I-in-a-past-life-to-deserve-this terrible luck overall this summer is already establishing itself as a pleasant memory. A memory tinted by a new house and some good books and not by the loss of a beloved pet and chaos of my personal life.  Not that those things didn't happen, i'm just choosing to remember the past three months as ones I was engrossed in the Land of American Gods, or the Brooklyn of The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P. I'm remembering make shift book clubs, both here in Michigan and ones conducted via text several hundred miles away.

 Maybe the occasional birthday celebration or late night philosophical chat session with some of old friends will find their way into the narrative I'm remembering, only time will tell. What I do know for certain is that I finished these books between July and now. They were mostly pretty amazing.

American Gods - Gaiman
The Ocean at the End of the Lane - Gaiman
An Abundance of Katherines - Green
The White Queen - Gregory
The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P. - Waldman
Dispatch from the Future - Stein
The Kite Runner - Hosseini
The Cuckoo's Calling - Galbraith/Rowling
The Enchantress Returns - Colfer

Now that Labor Day has passed and all the lucky ones are back at school I'm starting my annual binge read of Harry Potter. Time for oversize sweaters and my Ravenclaw scarf!


No comments: