Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fall at Hogwarts

It's that time of year again. No, I'm not talking about the season of pumpkin flavored everything - though I just found out pumpkin spice M&M's are a thing. In my house the beginning of September can only mean one thing and that is that it's time for me to be cardigan deep in Harry Potter.  Some years this means I watch a movie every few days, some it has meant binge sessions on pottermore.

However since I graduated from college I find that instead of lazily reading about Harry's adventures over a short summer I push back my yearly reading until the start of the Hogwarts term. Without classes to mark the changing of the seasons I've taken to living vicariously through my favorite wizard. I'm already a third of the way through Prisoner of Azkaban!

Now I know I've written extensively on this blog about Harry Potter and there isn't a lot more for me to say on the subject. At least not much that isn't just incoherent fangirling. That's what my tumblr's for. Instead I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite Potter related things!
This is my Harry Potter shelf. Yes the series gets it's own shelf. It's got my set of Scholastic hardcovers , the DVDS, the Bloomsbury Adult Editions (in the box, they're paperbacks), A mini Hogwarts express, a misleading snow-globe that has Snape instructing harry and a custom mug from etsy. 


I'm obsessed with the cover art on the 15th anniversary reprints of the series. Kazu Kibuishi did a remarkable job capturing iconic moments in each book. When put together the spine also make a beautiful outline of Hogwarts. 

I'm  can be a girly girl. I love jewelry. So when I found this necklace on Etsy for under $5 I was one happy muggle. Remember, hallows, not horcruxes, guys.

Back when I used to check teefury every day I came across this Ravenclaw Quidditch shirt. I usually only wear it to the gym but it's super comfy. I do see shirts for the other three houses come up fairly frequently, but I'm Ravenclaw at heart. 

One last piece of Potter related squealing: JK Rowling announced today that she is going to write the screenplay for a Fantastic Beasts film. Queue screaming and fainting.

Do you have any fun Harry Potter related memorabilia? Hit me up in the comments!







2 comments:

Red said...

Ahahaha misleading sno-globe.

I like your HP shelf. Very nice

Books Etc. said...

I've got the basics - all the books (hardcover) and the movies (on blu-ray because of a fabulous deal last year and they were given to me at Christmas). But I also have the fancy edition of The Tales of Beedle the Bard that my boyfriend got me a million years ago, a copy of Quidditch Through the Ages (my sister got a fancy copy and gave me her old one), a replica of Ginny's wand that I got at Universal last year, a snitch pin (also Universal), and a sweet Ravenclaw tshirt (also Universal...and yay Ravenclaw!). I've been wanting to reread the series but I have so many others books I need to read first that I want to get through them before I lose myself in HP. Soon, I hope! Thanks for this fun post! :)