Monday, June 2, 2014

May in Review

Since when does May mean summer? It was hot here in Michigan and that meant outdoor activities! Well, sort of. There was a lot of ice cream, bon fires, and of course reading outside. I spent a lot of time with friends! I contused my downward spiral into majesty that is Orphan Black! 


Honestly May felt so long. I didn't have any big events going on and even Memorial Day weekend fell flat. I have a lot of plans coming up in June and I really spent the last five weeks wishing it were later in the year. Now that I look back the month wasn't so bad, just uneventful, and you know what, after what I've seen in 2014 uneventful isn't so bad.

Books Read:
16. Anna and the French Kiss - Stephenie Perkins
17. Attachments - Rainbow Rowell
18. Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephenie Perkins
19. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - JK Rowling
20. Daughter of Smoke and Bones - Laini Taylor
21. The Other Languages - Francesca Marciano
22. Days of Blood and Starlight - Laini Taylor


American Authors: 3
European: 2
African: 0
South American: 0
Asian:  0

Male:  Female: 7

New Releases: 1

Jar Books: 0

Challenge Books:1

If nothing else May was a great month for reading. After a few months of struggling to find a balance between reading, life, and sometimes writing everything seemed to click into place within the last 31 days. It helped that I discovered some amazing new authors, fell in love with a new series and found a slew of unused Barnes and Noble giftcards. I didn't even realize I was only reading female authors to just now. Overall I'm really proud of my reading for May. Hopefully June will be just as good.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hi! A couple of things, 1. I love how you keep track of your books that you've read! And 2. I didn't know you were from Michigan! I am too!!! If you don't mind me asking, where from Michigan are you from?