Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Hyperbole and a Half - Allie Brosh

You may know Allie Brosh from her successful blog Hyperbole and a Half. If you're not familiar with her work you should check it out. Really, I don't know what you're waiting for. Her book by the same name is half classic content, like this story about getting drugged at the dentist or this one about cake, and half new material. Just like her blog Allie's book is filled with the same hilarious cartoons and painfully honest prose. It's not a lie to call it laugh out loud funny. This was the first physical book I read this year and it felt like having the best parts of the internet lying in my lap.

I mean it when I say laugh out loud. I laughed. My dog looked at me funny. He judged me. It was a moment. If you're a fan of Allie's blog already it's definitely worth the investment to get her book. Even if you're not familiar with her work (which begs the question why didn't you click the link up top? What are you doing? Do you hate laughing?!) I cannot recommend Allie's book enough. Her stories are varied enough that even if you're not a huge fan of one, the next one will probably be something you can relate to.

So what are you waiting for? It's cold. The sky's gray. Don't you want something to brighten up this unending winter?


No comments: