Saturday, October 22, 2011

Readathon

Hey guys! I'm a little late, but I'm super excited to partake in my 3rd readathon! I know you all are very busy reading and snacking on tasty things so I'll keep this introduction short. 


1)Where are you reading from today? 
Southeast Michigan, USA

2)Three random facts about me…

-I have a mild obsession with nail polish. 
-I once had a fish named Ophelia and something happened to her swim bladder so she spent the last year of her life swimming upside down looking crazy
-I really want mashed potatoes right now.

3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?

I'm a little late, and once again I have failed to make my own advice and read short, easy books. As a result I only have two books that I'm definitely hoping to get though. 
-The Lady of the River - Gregory
-The Secret History - Tartt

4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?

Everything about today is kind of up in the air so I'm just trying for as much reading as possible!

5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?

take breaks, read short books, order take out. 



8 comments:

Staci said...

Hey Sarah! I live in your neck of the woods!! Today is beautiful isn't it!! Hope you have fun reading and playing along!!


Team Golden Grahams Cheerleader-Staci

Go Spartans!!!

Louise said...

Have fun reading, The Secret History is great. Hope it goes well.

Louise - CheerTrix

Care said...

I love mashed potatoes... NOw you have me thinking about lunch.
Happy READATHON!
CHEERS!
- @BkClubCare, #CheerTRIX

Anonymous said...

I'm only participating as a cheerleader but I think ordering take out is still good advice. :) Hope it is going well!! #cheertrix

Anonymous said...

Oooh, ordering take out, that's good advice. I usually just plan to have lots of leftovers on hand. Happy readathon-ing!

Buried In Print said...

I think you've got two great read-a-thon choices there: great plots written with a compelling pace. Hope you're enjoying them (and your take-out)!

Happy read-a-thon-ing to you!

Team Trix is sending you cheers

Alexa S. said...

Happy reading! :)

Lola said...

Good luck on your readathon! I'm from Michigan too! :)