Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. I'm sure they'd love to share your lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten list.
This weeks Top Ten Tuesday topic is:
Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Being a Book Blogger
- Reading is Now a Priority - I love to read. I do. Why would I be sitting here at my oversized laptop in the dark typing up post after post for you guys if I didn't. But somethings reading is a chore, especially when a book is slow, or if I just want to watch TV or stare at facebook. This blog is a constant motivation to keep reading when I want to slack, and I like having something to hold me accountable.
- I Know What I've Read - Originally I started writing reviews as part of a new years resolution in 2009 because despite the fact that I can tell my best friend what sweater she was wearing that one time we ate at applebees three years ago I often get books confused with each other. Now I have lists (oh, how I love lists) and summaries as well as my fresh opinions of each book I've read for the past two years. It's fantastic! No longer are the books on my shelf taunting me with their choruses of "You read me once but think I'm that one about that dog and that kid" (Because my books like to pretend they're children stories when they harass me).
- I Like Books and You Like Books - Surprise! I think books are pretty awesome. You might even call them the bee's knees. Or not. It's really up to you. Chances are if you're reading this you think they're pretty awesome too. According to a video I saw in my 11th grade health class that makes us friends because we have "things" in common (public school FTW). But seriously, I don't have very many bookish friends in real life. Sure, some will sit around quietly while I talk at them about Mr. Darcy or something but here in the blogging community I can have a real conversation about all things bookish. It's refreshing and helps keep me sane.
- Recommendations - Remember that part where my friends don't really read? That was really detrimental to my reading habits. Now I have a slew of blogs I read on a regular bases where I get awesome new books to put on my TBR list. These are also mostly books I probably wouldn't have come across on my own.
- Writing - Okay, I know this isn't serious writing but at least it's something. I love that I have an excuse to write something every few days. It keeps me sharp.
- Twitter - I love twitter so much. I love book bloggers on twitter even more. Every day it's like I get to read a dozen or so mini reviews, as well as get all the latest book news all from a constantly updating feed of awesome.