Sunday, May 1, 2011

April in Review

So April has faded into May, which means that A. I graduate in 13 days (that's not terrifying at all, right guys? RIGHT?!) and B. I should probably do a Month in Review post. Since the idea of working on final projects right now makes that sport behind my eyes ache, here is April in Review. As always, I took the template from the lovely Lily at Lily's Bookshelf
On a slightly unrelated note, I love ducks.


Books Read:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Exit the Actress
Midnight Sun 
Total Number of Books Read This Month: 4

Total Number of Books Read This Year: 15

Most Anticipated: 
Exit the Actress
Biggest Let Down:
None
Favorite Read:
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Overall Reflection: 

This has been a slow year for me, reading wise. School's been more work that I had originally expected for my last semester as an undergrad and it's definitely effected how much I can read. Regardless, I've been rereading the Harry Potter series for my Fantasy Literature class (in case you haven't been around, it's just a class on Harry Potter, and we get house points, and it's fantastic) and as always, it's amazing. Other than being HP crazed, I read Exit the Actress by Priya Parmar, and loved it. Finally, I stumbled upon the Chapters of Midnight Sun Stephenie Meyer had posted on her site after they leaked. I'm not a twilight fan, unless you count cackling at the movies being a fan, but for some reason I found myself speed reading through it. It was just as bad as I expected, but since I had such low expectations this didn't really upset me. 


I'm working my way through Deathly Hallows right now, and I'm got several ARC's waiting to be read at the top of my To Read pile that I'm super excited to get to. Thanks for sticking around through my posting drought over the past two months! Everything will be back to normal very soon!



3 comments:

Kate said...

Congratulations on almost graduating. Wait - that sounds wrong... like you tried and almost made it. Congratulations on almost being finished with your degree! (Better?) :)

I'm sure you'll be breathing a huge sigh of relief - and you'll have so much more time!

Lola said...

Don't put too much stress on yourself about reading. When I was in college, I would average about 12-15 books a year. Studying definitely takes priority.

Seriously? A class on Harry Potter?! How incredibly awesome!

Also, thanks for the mention, love!

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat...about to graduate and haven't had the time to read as much as I would have liked this semester. It'll all be over soon, though! :)