Sunday, April 10, 2011

Readathon - Wrap Up

Okay, so the readathons been over for a few hours now. I almost made it to the end, but fell asleep around 3 am. Overall I had a really great time and got a lot of reading done. The only book I offically finished was Order of the Phoenix, but I came withing a hundred pages of finishing Half Blood Prince as well, so even with my chunky choices I feel like I got a lot done!

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
To be honest, hours three and four. I hadn't gotten enough sleep the night before and for some reason 10 am hit me like a ton of bricks!

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I enjoyed my Harry Potter themed readathon, but maybe the first three (or four) would be better for an event like this.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I was really impressed with how everything was run this year, everything seemed smooth and everyone was really kind.

5. How many books did you read?
1 and most of another. about 1200 pages.

6. What were the names of the books you read?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
I didn't finish Half Blood Prince, but I enjoyed it more.

8. Which did you enjoy least?
By process of illimination that makes Order my least favorite, but I love it too!

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I wasn't a cheerleader, but want to thank them all for being so great at their cheering!

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I'll definitely read again in the fall!


Hope everyone had a great time! 

1 comment:

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I started Harry Potter 4 towards the end of the read-a-thon and didn't get through it, but it was a good one to end on. The story is so familiar and easy to read. Great job1