This hours post is a get to know you post:
1)Where are you reading from today?
2)Three random facts about me…
3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
1. Like I said, I'm reading from my cozy apartment in Chicago. It looks really icky outside. Glad I don't have a reason to go out there.
2.Three random facts? How about -
- I once had a fish I named Ophelia. This was my "go to" fact for all beginning of the semester fun facts. A surprisingly little amount of people got why it was awesome. I judged everyone who I though I named her after the girl in Pans Labyrinth
- I really love to cook, which isn't really an interesting fact at all.
- I graduate with my BA in a little over a month.
4. Last Readathon I think I got to around 1,000 wages before I got hungry and cranky and more interested in non bookish pursuits, so I'm hoping to at least hit that.
5. I've participated before, but considering how sleepy I still am and how reluctant I am to dive back into Order of the Phoenix, I don't think I'm the one who should be giving anyone advice. Unless it involves which sweeteners to use in their tea. Honey. Obviously.
I'm starting at Chapter 20 of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Hope everyone has fun!