Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Best Fictional Family Ever




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. I'm sure they'd love to share your lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten list.
This week's topic:
Top Ten Fictional Characters I Would Want in my Family

9. David Sedaris - All of his essay collections - I'd love to have Mr. Sedaris as a cousin. He'd be fun, and crazy and there would always be amazing family stories. Judging by his books, he'd be the member of my family that people would make gossipy calls about and warn me not to turn out like. Me want to be a famous writer? Never.

8. Bird - The History of Love - Bird would be an adorable little brother. He's troubled, I know, but he's also full of love. He's precious, but really innocent and I love that he has his own belief system. I figure after a few years of therapy and another ten years, I could have some really insightful conversations with my fictional little bro.

7/6. Fred and George Weasley - the Harry Potter Series - The perfect big brothers? I think so! They're funny and unique. Plus everyone loves them. I'm sure there'd be a lot of teasing and tension in the house, but overall I think they're kind a loving big brothers in the series, and that's how I'd picture them to be in real life.

5. Ivy May Waterhouse - Falling Angels - She's adorable a quiet, and intelligent, all great qualities to have in a little sister, right? Ivy May has always been my favorite part of Falling Angels, despite her less than stellar fake. She's not an attention seeker, and doesn't purposefully try upset her sister, well, at least not most of the time.

4. Elizabeth Woodville - The White Queen - I know what you're thinking, she's dead. Like really, really dead. Like dead for hundreds of years. I'm with you. That why I would like to make Elizabeth Woodville a distant ancestor. You know, that really cool person you have on your family tree that you brag about (You do it. Don't lie). Ignoring the whole English Royalty thing, Elizabeth is still pretty cool. She's a fairly well educated woman, and she has a strong sense of family and self.

3.Bridget Jones - Bridget Jones's Diary - I'm departing for the typical "I want Lizzy Bennent for my big sis" answer for this more modern version. Bridget's still the everygirl (mostly) and she still goes through most of the things Elizabeth does, only she's modern, and funny, and not perfect. That's why I'd like her as a big sister. She's really not perfect, and she knows it, but that doesn't stop her from trying to be a decent person and looking for love. She might even be a good influence at times. Might. Sometimes. Maybe.

2/1. James and Lily Potter - The Harry Potter Series - I seem to really have a thing for dead people on this list. James and Lily have always been my favorite Harry Potter couple. I know they're dead through the entire series, but they seem like a good match, and they're both smart and witty. All good things to look for in an aunt and uncle, right? Plus they fight for good and are wizards. Wizards are cool.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Great choices! Bridget Jones would make a wonderful sister!

Skye said...

Fred and George Weasley are an awesome choice for big brothers. The house would never be boring. Lol!

Red said...

I agree with Skye, the house would never be dull with Fred and George as siblings :)

Robyn Ryle said...

Oh, I don't think it should matter if they're dead. Everyone's fair game. The Weasley brothers, or specifically George and Fred, would be great fun. But probably not Ron, and definitely not Percy.

Misha said...

I agree with your entire list! It would be so much fun to have the Weasley family as relatives.