It's Tuesday, and I'm so excited because not only do the lovely ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish have an awesome Top Ten Tuesday topic up, but I actually finished all of my homework last night and I'm not scrambling to finish an essay before class - so that means I actually had time to come up with a semi thoughtful entry!
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. I'm sure they'd love to share your lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten list.
Top Six Favorite Places to Read:
1. My Bed - Now I know this isn't anything special, and really, the bed in my apartment is intolerable without a really thick mattress pad, but I love reading in it. Actually, on it would probably be better terminology. I spend a lot of time laying on top of my comforter reading, facing the foot of my bed. I don't really like reading under the covers because I tend to fall asleep!
2. My Not-So-Comfy Purple Chair - I got a misleadingly plush purple chair from a garage sale this summer. Over the past few months it has started to fall apart in a serious way, but I still love sitting in it. I'm a big fan of chairs I can curl up in, and if nothing else, my not-so comfy purple chair is massive. It's great to sink down into it as I sink into a good story
3. My Balcony - As much as I love winter, it breaks my heart to be stuck inside for all of my reading. From spring through fall I spend about an hour a day outside reading. My apartment has a nice little balcony that is perfect for reading. I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can get back outside and read in the sunlight!
4. On the Dock - I spend most of my summer weekend at my family's cabin. It's on one of Michigan's many lakes, and we have a really nice deck/dock combination. There's a huge bench, and a few really big steps that a really nice to sit on. Plus you can't beat the view for the world.
5.Anywhere I Can Hear the Rain - If it's raining, I want to be reading. Storms have always been really soothing to me, and the pitter patter of rain really just makes me want to snuggle up with a book and wait it out. Or to go jump in puddles, but that's a bit more dangerous here in Chicago then it was at home.
6. On the Train - Let me clarify - I love reading on the Amtrak train on the few occasions a year I make the five hour journey home to see old friends and family. The scenery is amazing and there's never a better time to read then when you have nothing but free time and limited space. However I can rarely bring myself to read on the CTA, so I guess that makes me weird.
Sadly, my list ends here. I'm a creature of habit so I don't move around all that much when I'm reading