Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Night Bookmobile

Audrey Niffenegger

I'm sure you've all heard of Audrey Niffenegger from her two previous novels, The Time Travelers Wife and Her Fearful Symmetry. The Night Bookmobile is her latest publication, a short graphic novel based off of a short story she had previously had published.  The story revolves around the idea that each person has it's own personal Bookmobile like their own personal library of everything they have ever read - the catch is it only operates from dust till dawn and you'll only find it when you aren't looking for it.
Niffenegger takes a simple story that would grab any avid reader and illustrates it's beautifully. I tore through the 40 pages like a child would tear through their first Dr. Seuss book. What really makes this a great Graphic book is that the story itself is so interesting. It's a well written fantasy for book lovers and I highly recommend it. It's wroth the half an hour (at most) that you'll spend pouring over its pages.

5 comments:

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

I'm the only one in the world left who hasn't read The Time Traveller's Wife yet. I know, I know.

Jillian said...

Wow thanks for the heads up! I am a fan of TTTW but hated Niffeneger's second book. I want to read this one though! It sounds incredibly interesting.

Lucia said...

I'm so glad you posted about this! I would have missed it otherwise. Great post.

Emily said...

This looks really interesting. I knew that she did some visual art, but I didn't hear about this. It sounds like such an interesting premise for a story. I'll have to check it out.

Lola said...

I loved Time Travelers Wife, but disliked Her Fearful Symmetry. I'll have to check this one out! Great review! :)