Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Something Wicked this Way Comes


Hi Everyone!
A week from today starts my Summer at Hogwarts read-a-thon/bookclub/magic fest. Starting June 1st I, as well as anyone else interested is welcomed in reading the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling with me. This is a two month project, with discussions, quotes and reviews for each book.

This is my first time organizing anything like this, and to keep it easy on everyone I'm not going to post a sign up sheet. I'll keep track of comments of people interested, but if you fall behind or the two months proves to overwhelming, no worries. Page wise it works out to reading around 70 pages a day and I'll post a reading schedule on my sidebar.

If you don't have time to read or have recently reread feel free to take part in the discussions. I'm really excited to see what everyone has to say as well as reemerging myself in the Harry Potter story.

I welcome all input and questions!

PS: I know my blog has been more or less stagnant these past few weeks, with finals, job finding, moving and some minor personal emergency I've fallen behind in my reading. Expect a new review in the next few days.

4 comments:

Rebecca Chapman said...

Count me in. June 1 - I'll remember

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

What a fantastic idea! I am already doing something both months but I am going to try and squeeze this in too (as much as possible)

BookQuoter said...

I will join the discussion and comments; not sure if I can reread it again, I just recently did it. But I am open to new quotes!!!

Hornets came out yesterday!!

Kim said...

I LOVED the Harry Potter books. What a great way to spend the summer. Enjoy! I'll try to check back. (I bounced over from Whitney's blog.) Queen Bee