Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. I'm sure they'd love to share your lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten list.
This weeks topic is:
Top Ten Authors I'd Die to Meet
1. JK Rowling - I'm sure she's on most peoples lists. I wouldn't even want her autograph or anything, just to thank her for my childhood and some of the best books I've ever read. Okay, maybe I'd ask her fro Rupert's number.
2. Jonathan Safran Foer - I absolutely love his books. I did get a chance to see him speak about Eating Animals but I didn't actually get to meet him. I'd still like the chance to say hi.
3. Stephen Fry - I know, not just an author but IT'S STEPHEN FRY. HE'S BRILLIANT AND AMAZING AND BRITISH AND ADORABLE AND I WANT TO MEET HIM. Okay, I'm done yelling.
4. Milan Kundera - I am such a fan of his work. Even though I am pretty sure he would be cranky and generally not fun to be around I would still want to meet him.
5. Jane Austen - Yeah I like Jane Austen. She was a pretty awesome lady. I'd love to talk to her about her books and how progressive some of her female characters are. Maybe we could have tea and then go to a ball?
6. Charles Dickens - Yes, I'd meet Charles Dickens. Then I could punch him in the face. SMACK. Black eyes everywhere! Bloody nose! No Hard Times!
7. David Sedaris - He's so awesome and funny and adorable. I always look forward to his new story collections. He's be great to actually meet.
8. F. Scott Fitzgerald - I'd love to go back in time and have dinner with him and Zelda. Flappers, booze, the Lost Generation. Yes please.