Sunday, October 18, 2009

October Reading - 2/2

Catcher in the Rye
J.D. Salinger


Oddly good. Holden is interesting, but not particularly likable. He holds the feelings we all have out in the open. Of course he is crazy, too. S uprising how interesting a story of a boy who gets out of prep school after prep school can be, but pimp beat downs, suicide, and nuns can make for an interesting story. The perfect story for those who are trying to find themselves amongst a sea of their peers.

Story
***
Structure
***

1 comment:

Lola said...

I read this book when I was 16 and didn't much care for it. I remember a few years back when my (now ex) boyfriend read this and loved it. I definitely think it's one of those books that is affected by what is going on in your life. Also, it's been banned several times, which is why I read it in the first place! :P