Saturday, October 22, 2016

Hour 12 Update

Hello! I am still here and still reading! This is actually shaping up to being my most successful readathon yet.  Below is my mid event survey and I hope you're all having a blast reading your hearts out.

Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?
After 2 normal sized books I needed something short and festive to keep me going. I'm almost halfway through We Have Always Lived in the Castle, and am loving this adulthood jaunt back into Shirley Jackson's macabre mind. 

2. How many books have you read so far?
2 - The Wangs vs the World, and Delicate Edible Birds. 

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I'm debating between starting Roses and Rot, because All the Books recced it forever ago and Neil Gaiman gives it his word of approval, and Three Dark Crowns, because badass YA ladies would be a nice change of pace from Literary Fiction. 

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
My puppy has required a ton of attention today, but he is cute and normally sleeps on my feet while I read so I can't get too upset. Otherwise today has been very pleasant and interruption free!

A photo posted by Sarah (@sarahjoyce89) on

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
October hasn't been the best month, and 2016 has been rough overall. I am actually suprised by how relaxing I've found today. It's not secret that I love reading, but I feel a million times lighter after taking a chunk out of my constantly growing TBR pile and having no other obligations. 


No comments: