Sunday, October 19, 2014

Readathon Wrap Up

 Well I didn't make it. I tried but in the end my cold won over and I fell asleep around one thirty. So I missed out on six and a half hours and probably finishing another few books. In my defense I did attempt to listen to Emma on audiobook when my eyes got tired but that just made me more sleepy. Anyway I  had fun, I read a couple of good books and I got a day to just relax and do what I love without having to worry about school or work or calories.

So here's a slightly late End of Event post. Thanks to everyone who stopped by or read these posts.

End of Event Meme:

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
    I fell asleep during hour seventeen so that should probably be my answer, right?
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
    This year I read The Anatomy of Dreams and it was really good and I was really compelled to find out what was going to happen next! Past years celebrity memoirs (like Bossypants) and old favorites (Harry Potter, that year I read most of Order and all of HBP) are really fun for events like this
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
    Nope. You guys know what you're doing!
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
    I liked all of the platforms that I could go to to post my readathon thoughts and progress. Here, tumblr, twitter, instagram, goodreads. I happen to have all of those accounts but that's not true of everyone and it makes this feel like a very inclusive event.
  5. How many books did you read?
    Just 2. Had I been able to fight through sleepy eyes I should have been able to fight through another.
  6. What were the names of the books you read?
    My True Love Gave to Me and The Anatomy of Dreams
  7. Which book did you enjoy most?
    They were very different but looking back The Anatomy of Dreams probably wins out.
  8. Which did you enjoy least?
    I mean I only read two and I still really liked My True Love Gave to Me...
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
    I was not. I should volunteer in April.
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
    It really all depends on my schedule. With that said I'd love to be a reader again.

No comments: