Wednesday, July 2, 2014

June in Review

June, I liked you. You're good people month times? Early in the month my BFF came to visit. I hadn't seen her since February and a reunion was long overdue! Over just under four days we went to two concerts, countless restaurants and had a minor breakdown over Orphan Black.  


Unfortunately that was the last of my "planned" fun events for the summer. Now I have to wait till September to quell my wanderlust. The rest of June was fine, though. It's hot here in Michigan and the mosquitoes are no joke, but that also means lots of ice cream, sunshine and fireworks. 
 

Books Read:
23.Dreams of Gods and Monsters - Laini Taylor
24. To All The Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han
25. Can't and Won't - Lydia  Davis 
26. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - JK Rowling
27. Just One Day - Gayle Forman


American Authors: 4
European:1
African: 0
South American: 0
Asian:  0

Male:  Female:5

New Releases:3

Jar Books: 0

Challenge Books:0
June continued my trend of finishing books exclusively by female authors, again this happened without my realizing. Overall it was a pretty good month for reading. I had a minor slump after BFF visited but that's long since passed. I'm also working my way through 1Q84. I hadn't realized what kind of commitment a 1150 page novel would be this summer! I'm about halfway through now, so hopefully it makes an appearance in my July wrap up post. 

In July I am also doing the Book Photo Challange over on my bookish tumblr, in case any of you were interested in participating! 


No comments: