1. Caroline Bingley - Pride and Prejudice - Gah! If there is a person (other than Mr. Collins) that can make me loath Pride and Prejudice it is Caroline Bingley. Self-important, condescending, and generally just a terrible person! Every time I hear her name I think of this sketch from That Mitchell & Webb Look. It's kind of brilliant, you should watch it.
2. Dolores Umbridge - Harry Potter - I hate this TROLL of a woman. Not only does she give Harry another scar, she is also incredibly prejudice against half bloods and anything that isn't purely human. She's not a Death Eater, but she's cruel enough to join their ranks. Seriously, this woman is foul.
3. Bellatrix Lestrange - Harry Potter - If Voldemort is Hitler, Bellatrix is Eva Braun. She's completely off balanced and lies to serve the Dark Lord. Oh, did I mention she loves torturing people? It's one of her favorite pass times. She doesn't have loose morals, she lacks a moral compass all together. One of my biggest pet peeves are people who go around saying "Oh, Bellatrix is so cool. If I were a witch I'd be just like her." Really? You'd be a psychopath who kills for the fun of it? That's cool, I'm just going to go call the police now.
4. Hilly Holbrook - The Help - Hilly's the traditional kind of Bitchy. Overbearing and unbearable to be friends with, but the head of all things social in a her Southern Town. Her bitchiness comes out in her opinions, which are racists, classiest, everything-terrible-you-can-imagine-ist...What makes her really terrible is that she says such horrible things with a smile and a perfectly made up public face. Barf.
5. Margaret Beaufort - The Red Queen - The conniving narrator of the latest Phillipa Gregory novel, Margaret Beaufort was raised to think highly of herself, and her offspring. She's infuriating. I get it, she's a strong woman making a way for herself in uncertain times when she should, by all accounts, have nothing of her own. This doesn't stop her from being a conniving bitch, and a completely infuriating narrator.
6. Estella - Great Expectations - I haven't read Great Expectations. I haven't seen whatever movie versions exists of it. When I was musing about this list earlier tonight my roommate's immediate response was Estella. I trust my roommate, she's pretty awesome, so whoever this person Estella person is get's a place on my too-short list.
My lists seem to be getting shorter and shorter lately, I'll have to fix this for next week. Happy Tuesday!